Saturday, May 24, 2008

A beautiful site

I know this just looks like an unkempt bed but to me it's pure genius.
I'm embarrassed to admit that Ike has slept in my bed for about 3 months, leaving Ryan sleeping on the floor. I've tried several times to get Ike to sleep in his crib with no success. He has such anxiety and an aversion to his crib. Every time I put him in his crib he would cry hysterically to the point of puking. I even moved his crib in our room to see if that would help but no go.
Then I got the brilliant idea of putting a twin mattress on the floor in his room. I got a guard rail for the side and a body pillow for the wall. It worked great. He woke up a few times but I could just go lay down next to him to calm him down then go back to my bed. The best part of all, Ryan got to sleep in his own bed. When he layed down he said, "so this is how the other half lives."
I cleaned up Ike's room too so even if he gets out of bed he can't get into too much, and I put a gate on the door so he can't get out of his room. I think he's a pretty lucky kid to have a big boy bed at 1 years old.

3 comments:

Tamster said...

That does look like a pretty clever idea. I would just make sure he doesn't smother himself in all those pillows and blankets and stuff. Smart, though, to be able to lay down next to him to calm him down. I would try to gradually work your way out, though, so you aren't stuck still doing that when he's 17! ;-) Okay, so maybe it wouldn't last THAT long, but you know what I'm saying. At least you can actually sleep with your husband again. :-)

jen said...

Nice job! Keaton is 2 and is still in a crib. I can't deal with him escaping.

Brittany said...

Brilliant! It looks so cozy Ryan might want to trade Ike's bed for yours!