Thursday, June 5, 2008

Aunt Cate is Great

I'm still in denial that Ike is turning 1 on Saturday, but fortunately not everyone is. Ike got his first birthday present today from his cousins Collin and Kelsey.

They said it was one of their favorite books. I agree, it's super cute with just a touch of irreverence.
This is my favorite picture and my favorite part is...
"Do you like my new hat?" says Cowboy.
"Wow," says Octopus. "That is really...um...different. Do you like my new hat?"
Cowboy says "Nope".
"Hey!" says Octopus. "I said something nice to you. Why don't you say something nice to me? I thought we were friends."
"We are friends," says Cowboy. "And that's why I am telling you - your new hat looks like something my horse dropped behind him.' Cause that's the truth."
Thanks Cate, we love the present and you.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

That looks funny. I will have to read that one for sure.

jen said...

funny book. and of course adorable picture of Ike.

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Ike! We love you!