Thursday, January 24, 2008

Things just work out

I picked up Ike yesterday at his new daycare. First thing the lady that watches him said was 'Bad news', I gave Ike a quick once over, he looks ok, start breathing again. She is not going to be able to watch Ike anymore. She had the zoning inspector come and she is only zoned for 2 kids under 2 years old and Ike was the 3rd to sign up. I drove home thinking Oh Great I have to start looking for someone again, what a pain. I had left my cell phone home and had a message waiting for me from my mother-in-law. "If it doesn't work out with your sitter I just found someone." I quickly called her back, 'perfect timing' and explained the situation. Turns out she was talking to her friend, this sweet British lady from her ward who asked if she was watching Ike today. Laura then explained that no, he was now being watched by a 'stranger'. She told Laura that her daughter was looking for a child to start watching. A few phone calls later and I have a new sitter for Ike. She seems thrilled to watch Ike, which is so nice. It will be really nice to have someone who we know watching him, Ellen (the new lady) was visiting teaching partners with Laura for a while. It always amazes me how things just work out perfect in the end.

*Fun Fact- Ellen's brother was a member of REO Speedwagon for a time.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh, I would have been freaking out! I am so happy you found someone so fast.
Christian told me last night after seeing you guys that he had a baby Ike in his tummy. Hmmm... that would be weird!

jen said...

Wonderful that it worked out! For dinner tonight just mix noodles, tuna and 1/2 jar of mayo together. Jason loves it;). I love the REO fact. Very cool.