Saturday, December 15, 2007

Operation Cry-out / Day one

I consider day 1 a success, Ryan however didn't sleep so well. Operation dirty-shirt lasted a couple of nights but he quickly went back to waking between 11:30 and 1:30. That wasn't working for me, so I decided we had to do the cry out method. He went to bed pretty good. Then at 1:30 he woke up, I would get him calmed down by rubbing his tummy, then he'd be quite for a few minutes then he needed to cry some more. He cried off and on for about an hour, but then he slept in till 8 am. I'm sure you are all very concerned with Ike and my sleeping situation, that's why I'm telling you all!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, you are VERY tough, especially for a first-time Mom. I am so proud of you- keep it up, and give Ryan a turn or when he is about 2, he won't go to sleep for anyone else. (I know this from personal experience!)

Anonymous said...

I hate having to let babies cry! Very hard, but sometimes necessary. As Ike's grandma, I'm glad I wasn't there to see his sad face!! I'm sure you're doing the right thing!

Chowza said...

Ike looks a lot like Ryan in this picture. :)

jen said...

I think he's crying because he's just trying to get to sleep and you are hovering over him with a camera:). What a cutie! Good luck! You seem like such a calm & patient person so I'm sure you won't have any problem sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

Day one and two are always the hardest for me. Keep it up- you all will be happier in a few days!