Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place

Dear Explosions in the Sky,

I feel weird writing this, because I feel like you
guys couldn't care less.....but anyway.
On June 7, 2007 my wife and I (mostly my wife), gave
birth to Ike Ebbet W. When the doctor told
us we could bring music to play during the delivery
I knew without a doubt what I wanted to play. The
Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place seemed like the only
album appropriate for the situation. As "Your hand
in Mine" played Ike came into the world, reiterating
the albums title. Thank you for your continuous
writing of the most amazing music my ears have
heard. A picture of Ike is attached, but I
understand if you don't open attachments. If Salt
Lake City is ever an option I suggest you stop by.
Not a bad place to visit, and I can think of 3 fans
that would love to see you.
Thank you,
Ryan Weidauer

hi ryan,

thanks for the picture. it truly means a lot to us that
we were involved in the most important day of your life.
and there is a pretty good chance we'll be playing in
salt lake city in spring of 2008.

love explosions

1 comment:

Tamster said...

That's pretty cool that they responded and everything! :-)