Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rotavirus Vaccine and Intussusception

I just wanted to make mention of a post that Ryan's cousin recently made. They almost lost their sweet little boy after he received the Rota virus Vaccine. They went through a horrific experience recently which I would hate to have happen to anyone else I know. I don't know all the specifics but you can go to Ryan's Cousins Blog and what happened last June and read their thoughts on it all.
Thanks to Ryan's mom and the doctor she works for I've become very careful about what vaccines I give my boys and when I give it to them. The doctor will only give one at a time and won't give within 2 months of each other. I'm not against vaccines I just think as mom's it's our responsibility to be as careful with our children's health as we can be.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I agree with you on that vaccine info.

Christopher had roto virus when he was little. He got really sick and lost a lot of weight and was extremely dehydrated, throwing up, diarrhea the whole bit. It's a nasty Virus. But like you said you can never bee to careful on what shots your kids get.

Shari said...

I read your cousins blog and it is a good thing that they didn't loose him. Glad he made it thru
I don't think any of my kids have had a roto virus shot. Must be something new. cause even when Chris go it, they never mentioned anything about a shot for it. Maybe they didn't mention it cause he already had it.